Jupiter Library History Presentation
March 22 @ 2:30 pm - 3:30 pm
Explore the Past with Historian Josh Liller!
An Enlightening History Presentation:
Tales of the Lighthouse Keepers
Uncover the Fascinating Lives of Jupiter Inlet Lighthouse Keepers with LRHS Historian Josh Liller! Did you know that from 1860 to 1987, Jupiter Inlet Lighthouse had nearly 200 keepers and caretakers? Join LRHS Historian Josh Liller as he unravels the captivating stories of these individuals, revealing a diverse tapestry of human experiences.
Highlights of the History Presentation:
- Explore the early keepers who were members of the civilian Lighthouse Service, and learn how their roles evolved after the 1939 merger with the Coast Guard.
- Discover the varied backgrounds of keepers, ranging from Palm Beach County pioneers to those who made a lifelong career as lighthouse keepers.
- Delve into the unique experiences of individuals who found Jupiter to be the center of their world, making it their home for the rest of their lives.
No matter the background or the length of service, the Jupiter Inlet Lighthouse connects these stories in a fascinating way. LRHS Historian Josh Liller brings these human-interest stories to life in an engaging history presentation.
- Admission is FREE, but RSVP is required due to limited capacity. Please call the Jupiter Branch Public Library at (561) 744-2301 to reserve your seat.
- Date: Friday, March 22, 2024
- Time: 2:30pm – 3:30pm
- Location: Jupiter Branch Public Library